Choir Final Projects – 2 Parts
Part 1: Final Performance Project Choices (choose 1):
- Cover of a song in a group performance (any style, learn by ear). Must use a back track and harmony in the voices. Submit video recording – must be done maintaining physical distancing or virtually.
- Small group performance with a pre-existing notated piece – one of our choir songs or something else you find. Submit video recording – must be done maintaining physical distancing or virtually.
- Solo performance – must have a back track or accompaniment. Any song. Submit video recording.
- Composition – submit written (chords & words or music notation) & audio version. It music have lyrics and can be any style.
Part 2: Listen & choose:
Find a choir arrangement of a song on one of these sites: www.jwpepper.com, www.halleonard.com, www.alfredpublishing.com, https://cypresschoral.com/catalogue/ and answer the following questions about it.
- Provide a link for the song.
- Is it level appropriate for our choir group? If not, why?
- What style is it?
- What do you like or not like about it?
- List 3 facts about the composer (research).
- What are some of the musical concepts that could be taught through this piece?
If you’re in both Choir & Vocal Jazz, you need to do a separate final project for each class.
Submit through Google Classroom.